Polarion Solutions for Agile Software Development
Best of Breed Templates, Processes and Reports for enterprise development with Scrum or any Agile process
Agile methods took the spotlight in software development and product engineering in 2001 with the advent of the Manifesto for Agile Software Development. Today, with ever-increasing competition and shrinking resources, more and more companies, even in highly regulated industries, are going with Agile methods like Extreme Programming (XP), SCRUM, and Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM). The key to success is having the right tool to keep you Agile and satisfy the regulators.
Agile and Compliant – the pressure's on
- You must comply with regulations like ISO 26262, FDA 21 CFR Part 820 or IEC 62304.
- You must meet standards like CMMI, SPICE, etc. to achieve transparency in globally distributed environments.
- You're required to demonstrate diligence in Corporate Governance for shareholders, regulators, et al.
- Requirements Management, Engineering and Test Management are key for time-to-market and success.
- You need to mitigate the risks of product and project failure.
Is it really possible to achieve all that and still work in an Agile way? With Polarion, the answer is a definite YES.
Polarion’s benefits for Agile teams:
- Full Traceability from Request to Implementation: review the impact of planned or implemented change in single click.
- Baselining & Versioning: Agile means change. In Polarion you can quickly see who changed what, when, and why!
- Fast Start: Import your existing data from Microsoft® Word or Excel® to create your Product Backlog online, in minutes.
- Flexible Live Reporting with out-of-the-box sprint and release burn-down charts, kanban boards, total cost/estimate aggregation, velocity calculation, plus an entire portal of other reports and extensions. Everything can be tailored to your data model.
- Collaboration for Distributed Agile Teams: No out-of-sync emails, all artifacts in one place and always up to date, social media-like project activity streams keep everyone informed.
- Collaboration in Hybrid Process Scenarios use Polarion's exclusive Round-trip features to share and re-import data with external contributors and Scrum teams.
- Cross-Project Reporting and Dashboards: view the actual status of all your running projects, search for issues or enhancements across multiple projects. Anything you can find out for 1 project you can find across several.
- Subversion & Git: Integrates with Subversion and Git out of the box. Link changes from within IDEs like Eclipse for ultimate convenience creating traceability. (Do you know that Polarion is an Eclipse Foundation Member, and we manage the Subversive project?)
Polarion Software and Agile: We Use What We Sell
Polarion Software uses Scrum for the development of our market-leading Polarion REQUIREMENTS, Polarion QA and Polarion ALM products... and we have since 2006. This is a unique benefit for our customers who develop products or software - especially in highly regulated environments: Our own experience is part of our products!
Benefit From Our Agile Experience Now
Why not take a closer look at how Polarion can help your agile team shorten time-to-market, improve overall quality, mitigate risk, and achieving (and proving) compliance for standards like ISO 26262, FDA 21 CFR Part 820, IEC 62304?
Get our free eBook:
"Polarion goes Scrum"