Online Authoring with Polarion "LiveDocs"™ - Microsoft Office usability, look and feel in your browser
Polarion has created a collaborative, web based Requirements Management solution with guaranteed traceability and forensic level links and accountability. As easy as Microsoft Office to use with none of the limitations and shortcomings. Polarion REQUIREMENTS supports any type of process or methodology for organizations of any size in any industry.
Leverage your existing Microsoft Office documents
The Usability of Word without any of the limitiations
The Polarion Import Wizard easily recognizes and imports Microsoft Word and Excel documents that contain requirements, test cases, defects, etc. to a modern, web-based management platform.
- Imported documents look and edit exactly like the source documents
- Preview before import prevents time consuming errors
- Create professional looking documents for export.
- Supports PDF, MS Word, Excel, XML, HTML
- Document "RoundTrip"™ - Changes made outside of Polarion can be imported back seamlessly while keeping your original formatting.
Understand the "Who, What, When and Why" of any changes
How do you bring sanity and accountability to the process of gathering, vetting, and implementing the inevitable change requests that happen during every project?
Change Control and Impact Analysis are a vital part of the Requirements Management Process.
Visual Impact Analysis
- Pass any compliance audit easily
- Determine the potential impact changes may have on other requirements, release timelines, resource allocations, etc.
- "Visual Diff": You can visually compare the old documents with the new versions and see the changes highlighted
- Linking - Ability to link one to many or many to one and do so across projects
- Time Machine - Browse, search and report any historical state of your project.
Flexible, Adaptable, Customizable Support for the way you build your software and systems
to your software,
Make your software
adapt to you
- Supports Agile/Lean, Traditional, Hybrid, or custom environments
- FDD, XP, Scrum, RUP, Kanban, etc
- Attain compliance with a wide spectrum of industry standards like FDA, FAA, CMMI, ISO, IEC, CPI, SPICE, and many more.
- Customizable Workflow Support - covers all the artifacts from requirements
Supports discussions, wikis, polling, subscriptions, alerts, and more...
Real Time Collaboration
Across Tools and Teams
- Subscriptions let you select events you want to monitor and be notified of any changes
- Enter and browse document comments from within Word documents or from online collaborators
- "My Polarion" dashboard pushes the information to user, so user does not need to search what is important.
- Read and sign documents electronically
- All aspects of collaboration such as discussion threads are recorded so you can trace how you came to various decisions
Avoid risk of un-synced changes when requirements are copy-pasted across your project.
- Document Reuse for efficient sharing of regulatory requirements across your projects
- Live-Branches for managing variants of your requirements specification document
- Granular changes propagate instantly or on-demand
- Save time on managing isolated copies of your documents - no copy/paste on every change of your common specification
Specify, Manage, and Execute Test Cases on a Single Platform
One Testing Solution
for the Entire Team
- Create test cases & easily link them to their corresponding work items such as requirements, change requests, other test cases, etc.
- Collaborate with Testers and QA Managers on the same single platform with Polarion QA product.
- Bi-directional sync with HP QC and other testing suites
Express requirements as text, as drawings/diagrams, or both
- Create diagram right in your browser
- Embed diagrams in LiveDoc text and/or Work Items
- Robust library of diagram elements
- UML - Flowcharting - BPMN and more
- Extensive menu of element formatting options
- Diagrams export with LiveDocs to Word and PDF Documents.